Immune Boosting Ginger and Turmeric Shots with Lemon, Cayenne and Orange
These wellness shots have powerful anti-inflammatory and immune boosting properties!
So what makes these wellness shots so healthy?
The main active ingredients are gingerols (from ginger) and curcumin (from turmeric). These plant compounds have powerful medicinal properties with a variety of potential health benefits.
The curcumin found in turmeric has been shown to have extremely powerful anti-inflammatory effects. Curcumin has actually been shown to be as effective at treating inflammation as some modern prescription drugs.
Ginger is also known for its anti-inflammatory properties.
Gingerol is a very effective anti-bacterial compound, helping to fight infection by preventing the growth of harmful pathogens. [
Turmeric also has immune supporting properties. Curcumin is able to modulate the immune response and even enhance antibody responses, improving our bodies natural defense systems.
BUT WHY SHOTS?
Through juicing, we are able to get a very concentrated dose of gingerol and curcumin that would be difficult to achieve any other way.
HOW TO MAKE GINGER TURMERIC SHOTS
Recipe and Photos from Living Fresh Daily
- 4 inches Turmeric Root (about 1/4 cup fresh or 2 tbsppowder)
- 4 inches Ginger Root (about 1/4 cup)
- 2 Lemons, peeled
- 2 Oranges, peeled
- 3/4 cup Water
- 1/8 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1/8 tsp ground Black Pepper (for turmeric absorption)
- 1/4 tsp Oil (*Optional: for turmeric absorption, see recipe notes)
- Wash and dry fresh produce. Peel the lemons and oranges.
- Bring 3/4 cup of water to a boil in a small pan. Once boiling, add turmeric root, reduce heat to medium high and simmer for 7-8 minutes. After simmering, remove turmeric root while reserving the liquid in the pan. Put liquid in fridge to cool.
- While liquid cools, juice the turmeric root, ginger root, lemons, and oranges in a juicer. Stir in the cayenne, black pepper, and oil. Stir in the remaining cooled liquid from boiling the turmeric.
- Pour into shot glasses and enjoy! Store the leftover ginger turmeric shots in an air tight container in the fridge. They will last about 2-3 days.
With Love from
Leave a comment