An easy savoury, vegan breakfast option from @sophieshealthykitchen that comes together in no time!
- 200 g firm tofu
- ½ red onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 6-7 Cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- Handful of spinach, chopped
- 60 ml milk of choice
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- ½ tsp cumin
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- Black pepper
- Salt (optional: use kala namak for an ‘eggy’ flavour)
- 1 tbsp oil
- To serve: bread (I used sourdough), sliced avocado, lime
METHOD (SERVES 2)
- In a pan over medium heat, sauté the onions and garlic in oil for about 3-4 minutes.
- Add in the cherry tomatoes, season with a pinch of salt and pepper and cook for a further 3-4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix together the milk, nutritional yeast, cumin, turmeric and black pepper in a jug and set aside.
- Crumble the tofu with your hands or a fork directly into the pan and then add the milk mixture.
- Mix together and cook until the tofu absorbs the liquid.
- Finally add the spinach and season with salt to taste.
- Serve on toast with sliced avocado and a squeeze of lime.